Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan and Infosys Foundation has teamed together to provide suitable platform to young, talented, upcoming budding artists from the various corners of the state and create a suitable enviournment to various art forms representing true values of Indian Art & Culture.
Infosys Foundation has selected Bhartiya Vidya Bhavan as executing organisation only on the basis of values, qualities, contribution so far & the impression as prestigious organisation of India. The foundation has funded this entire series named as ‘Cultural Outreach Program’ with clear focus to rejuvenate Indian Culture and Art.
The objective of Bhavan’s Infosys Foundation Outreach Cultural programme is as follows:
- Resurrect and Revitalize our immortal regional ethos.
- Promote our hidden and dying cultural forms which needs platform for future.
- Selecting budding & talented artistes with rural background belonging to economically weaker sections of the society.
- Promote region specific folk-art and other near extinct arts and popularize it for the future
- Help assist young artistes to take these as profession.
- Promote societal harmony, friendliness, peaceful co-existence…
Highlights of Program :
Following 11 Centres of Bhartiya Vidya Bhavan will execute this program in their own state :
- Andhra Pradesh
- West Bengal
Following performing and visual arts will be covered in this program :
- Indian Classical Vocal and Instrumental / Sugam Sangeet
- Indian Classical Dance (Bharatnatyam, Kuchipudi, Kathhak, Odyssey)
- Folk Arts in Vocal and Dance / Bhavai / Drama
- Puppetry / Hari Katha / Hari Kirtan
- Drawing / Painting Exhibition / Sculpture Art
- Each state will organise minimum of two programs per month, six program in quarter & 24 programs in year. Thus, more than 170 programs will be organised in an year across India.
- The programs will cover 250 young artists in a state, thus total of 1750 artists will be benefitted across India in an year.
- Artists will be paid performance payout, travelling expenses, lodging & boarding expenses.
- A pre-designed standard bilingual invitation cards in will be released for every program
- Artist will be given a due press and media coverage in each program
- The details of program will also feature in Bhavan’s regular magazines of Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Mumai and Bhavan’s Journal which goes worldwide.
- A coffee table book for public circulation is planned which will feature art and artist.